No hot water or central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have a blockage in the pipes from my pump in the airing cupboard to my boiler. Everytime the boiler fires up, be it for the heating system or hot water system it comes on for only about 2 minutes then turns itself off. I have put a descaling solution via the header tank in my attic after draining down the system(done this twice in fact) without any success. I was thinking about getting someone in to do a power flush. Does anyone know how much this would cost, and more importantly would it work. Thanks for any advice that is given.

Sponsored Links
Sounds more likely to be an air lock.

Look in the FAQ and similar topics for suggestions.

Tony

Thanks for your quick response agile, but I couldn't find anything in the FAQ'S that could help me.

Sponsored Links
It has a header tank in attic, a 3way motorised valve, myson compact pump, microbore pipes feeding 7 radiators, hope this is enough information.

It is getting warm, but its also running, when i change the speeds from 1 to 3 i can hear it changing speed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back