boiler fires up for 10 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just noticed the boiler is only firing up for 10 secs or so then after 60 secs fires back up again the hot water is a lot cooler than it used to be is the pump faulty ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If gravity check small header tank in loft as the ball valve is probably stuck and system is lacking water.

the baxi boiler is not a sealed system it has pump and 2 motorized valves (i take it this makes it a combi boiler) and a tank in the loft i have changed pump and valves tank in the loft is fine but the burner still only fires up for a short time ...getting desperate ..is there a thermostat in the boiler its self that could be faulty?

worrier said:
the baxi boiler is not a sealed system it has pump and 2 motorized valves (i take it this makes it a combi boiler) and a tank in the loft i have changed pump and valves tank in the loft is fine but the burner still only fires up for a short time ...getting desperate ..is there a thermostat in the boiler its self that could be faulty?
:(
I have the same problem on my BAXI SOLO 3 .
I had the pcb board replaced last year by Mr Corgie as the pump would not turn its self off .
This cured that problem.
If and when I can get Mr corgi round again to look at my Boiler I will let you know the outcome

worrier said:

No it is NOT a combi. Termostats and temp sensors could be faulty, pump valves closed (!), sludge build-up, etc

We still don;t know what boiler you have!

Which man? - who are you talking about? I've never seen anyone with a silver lever on his end ?? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back