Vokera Syntesi Error 04 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have read many of the posts regarding other people experiencing 04 codes and the helpful replies being posted. However, I have tried all of the proposed fixes and none seem to work.

We disconnected a radiator today when decorating and had to drain the boiler. We reconnected the radiator and filled the boiler back up, but keep receiving the 04 code. We have tried the fill loop but no difference. We thought it may be trapped air and bled all of the radiators but still no joy. The pressure guage is not moving but there is water filling into the tank. We have tried resetting the boiler on an off about 20 times or so now and been trying to get some heating and hot water since 2pm.

Can anyone offer any more advice? Thanks in advance.

:cry:

Sponsored Links
the answer depends on whether the syntesi has a diaphragm or pressure switch to monitor low pressure. i think it will be a pressure switch.

they are not usually any trouble on vokeras but a common problem on other boilers is when you drain the system any dirt in the pressure switch orifice gets blocked in and when you refill the boiler the pressure switch doesnt get any water back into it. taking it out and unblocking usually does it.

other faults on these are the filling loop entry blocks up and doesnt allow any water in.

if you cant strip these bits down yourself you are looking to get someone in.

Hi

We have cleaned down the pressure switches and now there isnt any water going into the boiler? We have tested that the water is getting to the boiler but just not going through the boiler. We are still getting the 04 error code.

Sponsored Links
Did you close the flow and return issolation at the boiler when draining down, if so re-open them.

When you try to add water to the system have you turned the knurled knob anti clockwise to open it. You also need to turn the other black lever (it has boiler/off/fillingloop) anticlockwise . It will then start to add water to the system.

When you hav e finished make sure you return this valve back (if not no water will come out of the hot tap

Sorry about previous post. Didn't read that you have managed to get pressure in the system.

Have you undone the air bleed just behind the pump. Make sure you do it up again afterwards

take the loopoff on the left hand side. do you get water out of it when you turn the 3 way lever on the right? if it doesnt fill when it is all reconnected then the non return valve is stuck or the isolation valve is blocked where the loop enters it. sometimes only a new isolation valve will sort it.

there are 3 different ways the loop parts were arranged so make sure you get the right non return valve if that is at fault.

I do have water coming out of the hot tap but its cold water only so I must have water going into the boiler now.

I have my book out and can see an automatic air release valve which looks like it is just on top of the pump. I will try bleeding that and get back on here. Hopefully thats the one you are talking about!

Cheers
Zoe :)

Hi Nickso

I have turned to the right and its does fill up. I am assuming water is getting through the house as I have water in the hot taps now, albeit cold water. I still do not have pressure and receiving the 04 code.

Im just going to try bleeding the valve as per the other post.

Any otehr ideas?

Cheers
Zoe

Have bled the valve behind the pump, lots of air came out. I can now hear bubbling water within the radiators which would suggest that there must be some pressure to pump the water around the house and make it bubble?! Have beld all the rads again but still getting error code 04. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back