electric cooker

Tm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just ordered an electric cooker 4 hob and double oven. when i looked at where thew cooker sould go there is a 3 pin plug soket not a white panel for the wire. this plug socket runs to a swich on the wall wich is labled cooker. i pluged a sterio into the socket and it is wired up to the switcher. is this supposed to be like this becuse i dont like it. put a plug on the end of my cooker im not keen on that could anyone help. do i need to have a proper piont put in for the cooker or is a plug socket ok

chers in advance for any advice given

Tony

Sponsored Links
is the switch labled cooker a proper cooker switch

is there a dedicated cuircuit from the CU?

what size cable is it?

its fairly common practice when replaceing an electric cooker with a gas one to replace the cooker connection unit with a socket and if you can confirm this has been done then you should just be able to change it back

You also need to check that the size of cable and the rating of the fuse/MCB are OK for the cooker that you have bought.

You may have to do some work to be able to connect it up....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back