DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

worcester bosch dt10rf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
davegrange65

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the dt10rf timer actually works? I can set the start times for the first 'period' but am not sure what triggers the subsequent start times. Any help would be appreciated!
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
chris1973swinton

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote

Alert Moderators
Corgigrouch

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote

The DT10RF is a little awkward to use but it has four time zones in which you set the temperature at which you want the room to be at.. Example first time zone you may want your house to be at 21c, then later you may want it to reduce to 17c, etc... The heating is never off, but will not run until the stat calls for heat.
 Alert Moderators
mikej2005

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote

I've got a Mk1 DT10RF fitted to my WB combi, so if you have a Mk1...

Divide your day into 3 zones - typically morning (Zone 1), daytime (Zone 2) and evening (Zone 3). Pick a time at which each 'zone' will start.

The 4th zone is esentially night-time and is denoted with a moon symbol.

Decide what temperatures you want for each zone. If you don't want the heating on at all in any particular zone (eg. night-time), then chose a figure low enough so that the stat won't call for heat.

Another important thing to note - it's an Optimiser stat, which means you need to set the initial time for Zone 1 to be 1 hour before you wish the house to be at your chosen temperature.

Eg. If you want it to be 20oC at 7am when you get up in the morning, then set the initial time for Zone 1 to 6am. The stat then learns how long it takes your house to heat up and will eventually learn to come on as late as possible during that hour, potentially saving energy.
 Alert Moderators
davegrange65

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:37 am Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help everyone.
 Alert Moderators
Ltnman

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote

It actually has 6 time zones but only a 24 hour timer while the Optimiser can be set up on a per day basis.
 Alert Moderators
John0071

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote

davegrange65 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the dt10rf timer actually works? I can set the start times for the first 'period' but am not sure what triggers the subsequent start times. Any help would be appreciated!

Each Start and stop time is an "Event" so you have to say when you want a temp to start and when you want it to stop.
 Alert Moderators
janethuyton

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote

icon_eek.gif We have just (May actually) bought a house with a Greenstar CDi combi boiler and a Worcester Bosch DT10RF Digistat. I have sussed out that if I turn the Radiator pictured knob to '0' on the boiler the radiators are off and it I turn it up they are on but haven't a ruddy clue how to set the timer!! icon_confused.gif We have read and re-read the instructions but can't make head nor tail of them and to be honest are finding it off-putting to pick the booklet up again. Is there a fool's version anywhere please? Pretty please???? icon_rolleyes.gif

Basically we want no heating at the moment in the mornings and to be able to set it at teatime if we want a bath when we come in from work so only on for about an hour at the most, most of the time until Winter sets in then we will want it on in the morning for an hour and then 2 hours at night icon_redface.gif

Any help would be gratefully appreciated icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
 Alert Moderators
sherbert

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote

to turn it off so that there is no heating and hot water only ...... hold the +&- button down together for 8 seconds and hey presto it should say off .. just press any button to override this

As has been said ........ there are no off times on this timer .. All you are doing is setting what time the boiler will look for a set temp

for example
06.30 - 21c .. at 06.30 it will look for 21 c
08.30 - 17c ... at 08.30 it will not come on unless lower than 17c

etc etc
The following user says thank you to sherbert for this useful post:
janethuyton (6 Oct 2012)
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: