worcester bosch dt10rf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the dt10rf timer actually works? I can set the start times for the first 'period' but am not sure what triggers the subsequent start times. Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The DT10RF is a little awkward to use but it has four time zones in which you set the temperature at which you want the room to be at.. Example first time zone you may want your house to be at 21c, then later you may want it to reduce to 17c, etc... The heating is never off, but will not run until the stat calls for heat.

I've got a Mk1 DT10RF fitted to my WB combi, so if you have a Mk1...

Divide your day into 3 zones - typically morning (Zone 1), daytime (Zone 2) and evening (Zone 3). Pick a time at which each 'zone' will start.

The 4th zone is esentially night-time and is denoted with a moon symbol.

Decide what temperatures you want for each zone. If you don't want the heating on at all in any particular zone (eg. night-time), then chose a figure low enough so that the stat won't call for heat.

Another important thing to note - it's an Optimiser stat, which means you need to set the initial time for Zone 1 to be 1 hour before you wish the house to be at your chosen temperature.

Eg. If you want it to be 20oC at 7am when you get up in the morning, then set the initial time for Zone 1 to 6am. The stat then learns how long it takes your house to heat up and will eventually learn to come on as late as possible during that hour, potentially saving energy.

Sponsored Links
It actually has 6 time zones but only a 24 hour timer while the Optimiser can be set up on a per day basis.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how the dt10rf timer actually works? I can set the start times for the first 'period' but am not sure what triggers the subsequent start times. Any help would be appreciated!

Each Start and stop time is an "Event" so you have to say when you want a temp to start and when you want it to stop.

:eek: We have just (May actually) bought a house with a Greenstar CDi combi boiler and a Worcester Bosch DT10RF Digistat. I have sussed out that if I turn the Radiator pictured knob to '0' on the boiler the radiators are off and it I turn it up they are on but haven't a ruddy clue how to set the timer!! :confused: We have read and re-read the instructions but can't make head nor tail of them and to be honest are finding it off-putting to pick the booklet up again. Is there a fool's version anywhere please? Pretty please???? :rolleyes:

Basically we want no heating at the moment in the mornings and to be able to set it at teatime if we want a bath when we come in from work so only on for about an hour at the most, most of the time until Winter sets in then we will want it on in the morning for an hour and then 2 hours at night :oops:

Any help would be gratefully appreciated ;) ;)

to turn it off so that there is no heating and hot water only ...... hold the +&- button down together for 8 seconds and hey presto it should say off .. just press any button to override this

As has been said ........ there are no off times on this timer .. All you are doing is setting what time the boiler will look for a set temp

for example
06.30 - 21c .. at 06.30 it will look for 21 c
08.30 - 17c ... at 08.30 it will not come on unless lower than 17c

etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back