Tiling plasterboard in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just put up a new stud wall for a shower. It'll be boarded with 9.5mm plasterboard.

Before tiling it, is it wise to give it a quick skim coat with multi-finish/board-finish?

Just trying to make it a bit more robust as regard water ingress. The rest of the bathroom is simply skimmed plasterboard, tiled over in places and has been that way for 35 years and that's held up very well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Gcol

Suddenly your sig looks like this;

"A man's gotta know his limitations."

Any idea why?

Gcol

Suddenly your sig looks like this;

"A man's gotta know his limitations."

Any idea why?
It just appeared and was something to do with the apostrophe in "man's". I removed the apostrophe so it just said "mans" and all was well. Now it seems to have come back even though there is no apostrophe in my signature settings. I'll e-mail admin.
I have a similar problem when I want to type B & Q, if I write it without the spaces it appears as B&Q. :rolleyes:

Hi, we're aware of the signature issue, it's nothing wrong your end, it is a problem this end, it will be sorted soon though. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back