Bath Waste water - slow flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have recenlty installed a new bath into an old property. The waste pipe goes through a bath U bend in 40mm pipe and then runs gradually down hill over approx 3mtrs to the oposite side of the room before dropping virtically into a main waste pipe, used by the toilet and sink. The water takes ages to run out of the bath taking about 5-10mins to empty. At first I thought the pipe was not steep enough but I can't do much about the steepness. Is a pump needed? or am I missng something i.e air trapped?

Thanks
:cry:

Sponsored Links
18mm /m drop is the min required for your 40mm waste.
is the basin/toilet emptying ok. as that will prove your main stack is venting ok.

Hi

The pipe drop is about 100mm over the 3 meter length. The toilet and sink seem to be emptying fine, although the bath gurgles when the sink is emptied.

L

Sponsored Links
are these pipes connected then...seems one is pulling the waste out of the other when empting..syphonage

but i cant think that it would slow the draining of the bath..

is it a new waste pipe etc...if its the old one then from what u have described i'd bet its full of scum/hair etc....long runs under floorboards without support will bendin the middle and build up craaap and eventually the pipe id becomes smaller and smaller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back