Hole in polycarbonate roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Not sure if right forum for this question.
I have a small conservatory with 2" thick polycarbonate roofing, which I think
is double or triple thickness. I was told that this particular sheeting was very strong and the whole sheet cost over £700, so I do not want to replace it if possible. A ridge tile has fallen onto this roof and cracked the outer surface with a hole about 3" by 2". I suppose I could claim on my insurance but rather sort it out myself if I can. The roof is ribbed and the hole is on a flat part between 2 ribs. any suggestions how to seal or cover this hole.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have you got a picture!!!!

i know corrigated plastic goes extremly brittle after around 7 to 10 years wonder if polly carbonate is the same!!!!

assiming its simmilar to the screwfix stuff a 4m sheet is around £100 so you need to try the sheds or you local d/g company for a single sheet!!

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80165...ycarbonate-Sheeting-25mm-x-980mm-4m-Pack-of-5

approach some fitters in your area working on a house and ask 'they may fix it for you for a contribution toward the tea and buiscut/beer fund if they use an offcut
or at nearer cost price if materials used again for beer money :D

at two inch thick sounds more like ultralite or everlite a picture would be a great help, in helping to give the right advise.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back