Fitting a room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Recently moved into a new flat that has a Combi Boiler in the kitchen (didn't note the model number), a hot water tank in the hall cupboard and a Drayton Tempus Seven control unit for the central heating and hot water.

However, there is no room thermostat anywhere in the flat. This means that the heating is continually on for the 2-3 hours each evening/morning with no facility for it to cut out when the flat reaches the required temperature (other than to turn down each radiator individually).

So, my question is, can I retro fit a room thermostat to the system and if so, what units will be compatible with my system? The thermostat could either be hard wired from the hall cupboard and situated in the hall, or if possible it would be easier to use a wireless unit.

Grateful for some of the excellent advice that comes from this site. :)

Cheers,

John

Sponsored Links
Yes , good idea to fit a stat.
ANY type could be fitted, from a few pounds for a wired one.
Some combis have low voltage stat wires, which helps, but most are 240V.

Depends how hard a wire run would be. For a wireless one you still need to have a box on the wall by the boiler, wired into it.

You could have a programmable stat but the T7 is quite good so that's not vital.

Chris

Thanks. I was stupidly thinking that the thermostat would be wired into the control unit in the hall cupboard, but it will actually need to be wired to the combi boiler which is in the kitchen. On that bases, a wireless unit seems more sensible, but I would still run a hard wire under the kitchen units and through the wall next to the kitchen door into the hall.

I'll check the make/model of the combi boiler tonight to see whether there would be any compatibility problems with thermostats as you highlight below.

Cheers,

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back