PVC window - trouble fitting beading to hold glass in.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have just replaced an old window with a PVC unit. Frame fits well and all fixed in fine, and managed to fit the lower pane and get all the beading fitted. However, with the smaller opening window (sash?) I can fit the beading top and sides, but I cannot get the lower beading to fit - I just cannot bend it enough to slot it in to place. Is there a specific technique for doing this? On the larger pane, I could bend the beading enough to get it in to place, but not this one. It's only about 30cm long, and the sides are even shorter so that's not an option.

The beading is on the inside.

Thanks for any assistance!

James

Sponsored Links
Fit the corners first & work towards the centre; sometimes a small nick or two in the back of the bead will help with bending but don't overdo it or the bead will fold in half! :cry: Glass is much stronger than you think as long as you don't hit it with anything sharp; be firm but not careless! :D

Hard rubber or nylon mallet and a sharp tap should snap it into place

Jason

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys - I'll try the nick approach, as I cannot bend the strip enough to get the corners both in as it stands. I have a rubber dead blow hammer which I have used but to no avail, but I'll try it with the nicks.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back