KIA SPORTAGE S EXCESSIVE WHITE SMOKE

pee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Friends I need your expertise!

I have KIA Sportage S T reg and 1999 make, excessive white smoke coming out from the exhaust. Could you help me resolve this problem. How much do you think it will cost for repairs.
Thank you.
pee.[/list][/code][/quote]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Does it puff white smoke when you start it up? If so my guess would be that it needs new valve stem oil seals.

Does it puff white smoke when you start it up? If so my guess would be that it needs new valve stem oil seals.

No, the white smoke does not disappear as engine warms up but it disappear when the car runs at high speed on the motor way thereafter there won't be any more white smoke till it leaves to the next day then the excessive white smoke comes again when the engine is started.

Leaking valve stem seals, after car had been standing overnight, would result in blue smoke on start up.

White smoke is steam from condensation within the exhaust system.

Wotan

Leaking valve stem seals, after car had been standing overnight, would result in blue smoke on start up.

Wotan

Thanks to you all,

Well where do i get this leaking valve stem seals, to buy and its that the right name to ask in any car or auto shop?

Well where do i get this leaking valve stem seals, to buy and its that the right name to ask in any car or auto shop?

If you go into a car shop and ask for "leaking valve stem seals" they'll just laugh and point at you :LOL:
If it is the valve stem seals (which i highly doubt) then your best bet is to take it to a garage

could be the head gasket? check your oil for yellow gunk ;)

Wotan

No, correct, it would be blue smoke on start up. Doesn't seem like you have leaking valve stem seals.

Sponsored Links
Back