black hair dye on carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help, i have managed to get black hair dye on my carpet. This stain has dried is there anyway i can get it out?

Sponsored Links
Two things to try...
One is an OXY product. I have never used this on carpet, but I have removed dye stains from other surfaces with it.
Get some OXY10 (face cleanser) and rub it into the dye. If possible, put a heat sourse such as a lamp over it. I put the item in the sun, which in your case is not possible. Let it soak in for a couple of hours. If you see a difference, reapply and leave it on longer.

The other thing I have recently discovered that works good on removing stains from carpet, is Greased Lightening.... This is a cleaning product sold in stores here in the US. I don't know how it would work on hair dye, but it did remove a red juice stain for me.

Good luck!

heat sourse= heat source...oops

I recently dripped hair dye onto my carpet, and managed to get most of the stain out using perm lotion from a Home Perm Kit.
This advice was given to me by a hair stylist who uses perm lotion to remove stains from her towels and gowns in the salon.

goodluck

Sponsored Links
:p I had the same problem..Burgandy hair dye beige carpet..I put rubbing alcohol on the stain then OxyClean or an oxy cleaner of some form poured more rubbing alcohol over it and scrubbed with a wet rag and it came right up. But I also found the longer you let the mixture sit on the carpet the less you have to scrub! :D

post locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back