Pilot Light Poser - SIME FRIENDLY combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance for posting what may come across as a very minor and trivial concern only........

.........we're getting a guy from Scottish Power over to switch over our prepayment meter this week. The job should only take about 20 minutes, but naturally the electricity will be switched off during this time. We have gas central heating and a Sime Friendly combi-boiler, itself powered by electricity.........this this will be affected, naturally. I'm just worried about being in a situation where I can't get the Pilot Light relit after the electricity is back on. I'm probably fretting over nothing, but I've never really had this situation before now and I'm a real clunker when it comes to gas/electricity jobs and appliances. :oops:

Anyone, please help. I'm partially optimistic that someone on here will be able to help and put my mind at ease. :confused:
Peter

Sponsored Links
I'm not a heating engineer or anything like that but my boiler's pilot light will stay for about an hour after the power has gone off. I think it has something to do with the fan stopping that makes it go out. I think for 20 minutes you should be fine.

Hope that helps.

I'm not a heating engineer or anything like that but my boiler's pilot light will stay for about an hour after the power has gone off. I think it has something to do with the fan stopping that makes it go out. I think for 20 minutes you should be fine.

Hope that helps.

Oh boy, I hope that's the case here with me. Anyone on the forum know for sure about this?

Sponsored Links
don't know alot about this specific model, but most boilers with pilot lights don't require power to remain. If they have a permanent slow fan then they will go out eventually because of recycling of p.o.c, but this can take as much as 12hours.

Ok, guys, thanks for your posts. I'll be back with the outcome of this. Fingers crossed it'll be plain sailing... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back