Ariel Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i work in bolton pretty much overlooking winter hill, we have two roof top ariels (on the top of a 5 story building) the cable run is approx 25m straight into a booster and then daisy chained to another 5 boosters,

the booster directly after the cable run all of a sudden stopped working over the weekend, i have replaced it with a new booster today that is not the same but its no longer picking up any reception at all,

i have plugged it in to the old booster that is still working and it worked fine so for some unknown reason it has to be something to do with the new booster but i have no idea at all what it can be, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
My suspicion is that it wasn't a booster, but a power supply for a masthead amplifier. Does it have any specifications/markings on it?

ahhh i never thought of that! yeah its a labgear power supply unit for 12v dc 100ma max. any idea if i can buy one of these from anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Just search for it on google and you'll find hundreds of online stores that sell them. If you need to buy on the high street then you'll also find that maplin sell them, or you can buy a combined launch amp + masthead power supply if that is what the original part was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back