Need to replace my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Ariston EuroCombi SX 20 MFFICE.
Which I have been told the PCB needs replacing.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement?

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
Does it give anough hot water for your requirements?

Are you refitting the kitchen and want it to fit inside a kitchen unit?

Are you looking to buy a premium long lasting unit or a pile of junk (you have that already).

You need to be more specific but better still get two installers round, preferably not at the same time.

I currently have a Ariston EuroCombi SX 20 MFFICE.
Which I have been told the PCB needs replacing.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement?

Thanks
Tony

A suitable replacement is the manufacturer's PCB which is probably about £130 to buy. In our local area we would charge £84 to diagnose the fault and change the PCB.

If your boiler is otherwise in good condition and suits your requirements then there is little point in replacing it.

You would only get an efficiency improvement of about 12%. Unless your gas comsumption is very high it will not be economically beneficial.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The reason for thinking about changing the boiler is that it is 10 years old and I am aware (now) that ariston are not the most realiable.
We also had an issue prior to the summer that when the heating was on we could not always get hot water. I am presuming this is the divertor valve playing up (this was only changed about 18 months ago).

Thanks for the advice so far.

Tony

Your particular Ariston is a very reliable model.

Are you quite sure that the whole diverter valve was changed 18 months ago?

Tony

Inappropriate advice?

Even CORGI struggle to penalise people changing PCBs who aren't CORGI registered. They only feel safe taking on repairers who touch gas or combustion carrying parts.

It isn't black or white. There is no calibration on the Ariston PCB to be carried out.

If the user wants to change a PCB that is surely up to them. If they choose to buy a repaired PCB from CET that is up to them. CORGI can't stop that either.

Should DIYnot forums be more restrictive than CORGI themselves? This is ridiculous and needless censorship. Are the mods in cohoots with the boiler manufacturers?

It isn't black or white. There is no calibration on the Ariston PCB to be carried out.

If the user wants to change a PCB that is surely up to them. If they choose to buy a repaired PCB from CET that is up to them.

As I recall there are two setup pots on that pcb, one for the CH setting and the other probably for the ignition?

Its easy to argue that under the GSUR, non manufacturer approved parts should not be fitted to gas boilers. CET repaired parts are not approved by the manufacturers.

Tony

If the user wants to change a PCB that is surely up to them. If they choose to buy a repaired PCB from CET that is up to them.

As I recall there are two setup pots on that pcb, one for the CH setting and the other probably for the ignition?

Its easy to argue that under the GSUR, non manufacturer approved parts should not be fitted to gas boilers. CET repaired parts are not approved by the manufacturers.

CET repair boards for some makers. Most of the replaced components are of superior quality to what is on the board.

OP, get the boiler repaired/ serviced by someone who knows what he is doing.

I am repairing/ servicing boiler some of which are over 25 years old. These are still going strong and will continue to function when some modern steamers are ready to be removed. If you are in a tizzy about price of the replacement PCB, wait till your proposed new boiler goes belly up. You better have deep pockets and luck to find an 'engineer' who has the ability to carry out repairs.

CET repair boards for some makers.

Thats a bold statement which seems totally unbelievable!

Please would you name just one boiler manufacturer for whom you think that CET repair PCBs.

Tony

Hi, I’m Director of Baxi’s spares operation and I can confirm that we do not use CET for reconditioning or repairing PCBs, or any other parts.

Which ever boiler you’ve got, we only recommend using the manufacturer’s approved parts that are guaranteed to have been produced to specification.

For Baxi, these are available via the interpart stockist network (www.interpartspares.co.uk).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back