Pva block wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wall in my bathroom back to a combination of brick and bare block prior to dot and dabbing plasterboard. After brushing down the surface is still very dusty and flaky.I have seen various posts suggesting that block walls should be pva'd or that a good soaking will be adequate before sticking the boards. Could somebody please tell me; if I do pva first is that the only preperation I need to do or would I still need to wet the wall prior to putting the dots of adhesive on. Sorry if this post sounds a bit silly. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Melanie,
Just wet the wall first, don`t PVA, otherwise your boards are only stuck to the pva (wood glue) and not the wall.

Thanks for the reply Plastile. Was hoping not to have to pva the wall so I can get it started right away. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back