Pushing the limits of my boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently bought a property with a Ariston Microgenius 23 MFFI combi boiler. The boiler supplies an average 3 bed semi but I want to run hot water and central heating into an existing ground floor extension (annex). I am planning to install a new bathroom suite upstairs with a thermostatic shower and update the existing electric shower in the annex with a thermostatic shower.

My question is whether there will be enough pressure in the system to run the two thermostatic showers? They are unlikely to be used at the same time. There is no hot or cold water tank (which I believe means a cirect feed?).

If anyone could let me know whether in principle this is workable I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
(Any) combi boiler will essentially only supply hot water at one drawoff point. As the boiler output gets larger, flow gets better, but running water at two taps will only result in hot water being divided between two taps.

I would r4ecomend boiler supply hot water to kitchen/ utility taps and unvented cylinder to bathing facilities.

Ok thanks,

I also don't seem to have a thermostat anywhere in the house. Is that normal? Is there a thermostat in the boiler itself or will it just be controlled by the timer on the unit?

Sponsored Links
There may be a timer on the boiler but it sounds like you have no room themostat which is not the most efficient situation... get one put on they are only cheap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back