ADT alarm error message "power failure setting aborted&

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone pls help here? I have an ADT (not sure of the model, but I think it is just a basic one. It has one sensor) alarm that has stopped working. When I try to set the alarm an error message is shown on the display "power failure setting aborted". The display still has power going to it (its illuminated green).

Is it maybe a battery or someing more serious?

any help would be v much appretiated!

many thanks,
Greg.

Sponsored Links
what is the green led in the bottom left hand corner doing?

and have you had a powercut recently?

Hi there, thanks for your reply!

the green LED is flashing. As I have been renting this flat I am not sure if there has been a power cut. I notced the date was also incorrect and seems to be stuck in March. If a powercut has caused this is it easy to fix?

Thanks agian,
Greg.

green led flashing does indicate power fail (if it flashes fast) slow is battery fail.

It could also be the middle fuse on the pcb, but i doubt it, because its also the SAB fuse.

check if the panel actually hasmains, it should hum very quietly, and yes you will have to put your ear on it to find out, if no mains, switch it back o, if humming and there is mains call adt, dont open it

Sponsored Links
Hello Sir,

Appreciate this is an old post, however this is the only post related to the error mesage i can find, therfore was really hoping you would be so kind as to help me.

I am faced with the same error on my adt alarm screen and was hoping that you had resolved it and would tell me how to resolve it please?

Thanks very much.

Regards
Sam

Hi,

Can anyone pls help here? I have an ADT (not sure of the model, but I think it is just a basic one. It has one sensor) alarm that has stopped working. When I try to set the alarm an error message is shown on the display "power failure setting aborted". The display still has power going to it (its illuminated green).

Is it maybe a battery or someing more serious?

any help would be v much appretiated!

many thanks,
Greg.

can you give me more infomation please and then i might be able to heklp you;

panel make model
led stus in keypad
exact message displayed
what happens when you enter your code

all of this will help me to diagnose the problem

John
Oasis Technical services (southern) ltd

I have the exact same problem. When I try to set the alarm it comes up 'power failure setting aborted'

I think its a Galaxy 16 model
Led on keypad is flashing fast
When I enter the my code I can access the menu as normal
I have the engineer code

I have checked the mains fuse and the three inside the panel and all are ok.

The panel looks like this:

142000_141051_21668_14409914.jpg

142000_141051_21669_24112862.jpg

If you could help that would be great :D

afternoon,
slow flash on green LED is power (mains ) fail
fast flash on LED is battery / fuse fail

check above replace battery if required, reset and you should be ok

if not let us know.

oasis technical

Just tested the battery with multimeter and its only showing 3v.

Where can i get a replacement from or is there a way I can remove the battery back up function?

slow flash on green LED is power (mains ) fail
fast flash on LED is battery fault/fail OR battery fuse fail

check above replace battery if required, reset and you should be ok
Perhaps the adjusted wording will help others in the future
(I'm not having a go)

Picked up a battery today and replaced.

It still says power failure setting aborted and has the same fast flashing led :confused:

Check the onboard fuses, it's probable that one of them has blown. You will need to check them with a multimeter as it's sometimes hard to tell just by looking at them.

A quick and dirty test would be to leave the battery connected and isolate the mains. If the panel dies, it's probably the battery fuse. If it's still on, it could be the bell/aux fuse or the panel that's faulty.

All sorted now.

After connecting the battery and before reconnecting the mains I flicked out the fuses. Put them all back in and this must have reset it somehow as it powered up from the battery.

Stuck the mains fuse back in and its all working again now.

Cheers everyone :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back