Electric Cooker Plug HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am bit new to this, but need some help.

A friend and I are hosting a large dinner party at my friends house and we need an extra cooker for the night. I have a hotpoint electric cooker which I no longer use and offered it for the night. We were hoping we could just wire it to a plug and plug it in, but I am not sure whether this is possible. As I say, we only need it for a few hours (maybe only about 30 minutes or so!) and they do not have a spare terminal to hard wire it in.

Any suggestions/advice gratefully received!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. We were hoping not to have to hire one as we are trying to keep costs down and only need it to heat something for 20 mins! Oh well - better to get it right than blow all the electrics on the night, lol.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that there is a good chance the plug would melt to pieces and possible cause a fire before any fuse blew. For this reason don't even be tempted to try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back