Can I have an additional radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into our house in April and we have a baxi combi boiler which is in a small toilet. The toilet itself doesn't have a radiator and now that the weather is getting colder, the toilet isn't very warm.

Is it possible for us to put another radiator in there, we really don't know if there is a maximum amount of radiators that boilers support or what other difficulties this could cause.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I think a model number of your boiler may help. The answer is of course it depends on how may existing rads you have, and what the output of the boiler is, and what size rad are you intending to put in.

the heat coming from the boiler should surely keep the bog warm :rolleyes: its not as though you sit watching the tv inside is it? :LOL: the boiler(potterton-flamingo RS 13,OLD BIRDS ARE BETTER :) ) on our kitchen wall keeps our kitchen cosy in winter.just seems too much faff to me in respect to putting another radiator in:cool:

Sponsored Links
Mandy,
The size of rad you'll need to warm the toilet will make hardly any difference to the size of your system. Unless the boiler is already undersized I doubt there'll be any problem.

go on bite the bullet and live dangerously have a rad

it wont make any difference

the additional load could be lost by lagging the pipes

:D

Modern(ish) boilers give out surprisingly little heat, because the fresh air they draw in from outside is between the hot bits and you. I fitted a 1ft square rad in a loo once, apparently it makes all the difference.

ChrisR said:
Modern(ish) boilers give out surprisingly little heat, because the fresh air they draw in from outside is between the hot bits and you. I fitted a 1ft square rad in a loo once, apparently it makes all the difference.

1ft square :?: did you make that yourself chrisR :?: bogroll warmer maybe :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the advice, the boiler we have is a Baxi 105e. We have 8 radiators and a heated towel rail in the bathroom.

Honestly, the toilet is freezing and nope we don't watch telly in there, but don't want to be uncomfortable when we're doing our business :oops:

Any heat would be a bonus, the boiler really isn't heating it enough!

There isn't really the room for a towel radiator, it's a very small toilet! I think we'll give a small radiator a go.

just jokin bout the tv. :LOL: a nice little rad would probably do the trick or.... you could buy a commode for the living room :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .spend a penny in warmth whilst watching corra etc :D :D .its just who gets the job of emptying :eek: :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back