PROBLEM WITH 8EP396A OPTIMA COMPACT PANEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'VE INSTALLED THE ABOVE ALARM SYSTEM AND HAVE A SLIGHT PROBLEM, THE SYSTEM WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SET UP PROGRAM 2 OR 3, ONLY PROGRAM 1 AUTOMATICALLY SETS WHICH WORKS SATISFACTORY. THE LED INDICATIONS SHOW NO TAMPER OR ATTACK AND DAY POWER INDICATIONS OK. I'VE CHECKED AND BELLED OUT WIRING, REVERTED SYSTEM TO ORIGINAL STATE WITH NO EXTERNAL WIRING CONNECTED AND STILL HAVE THE FAULT. TODAY I EXCHANGED PANEL WITH SUPPLIERS AND TESTED NEW PANEL, EXACTLY SAME FAULT ON NEW PANEL OCCURRED. INITIAL THOUGHT IS 2 FAULTY PANELS (VERY UNLIKELY), I WAS WONDERING IF THE MANUFACTURERS HAVE ALTERED THE ALARM SOFTWARE THEREFORE PROG 2/3 HAS TO BE ACTIVATED, (CANNOT FIND NOTHING IN MANUAL). IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED IF ANYONE COULD OFFER FURTHER ADVICE IF POSSIBLE.

Sponsored Links
Rob,

Sorry, not a solution but as I've got the self same problem with an Optima G3, I wondered if you'd come to any resolution as yet?

Cheers
Stefan

There is no problem with the panel..you just have to set the exit mode for prog 2 + 3

After having a look at the manual I totally concur with Denford.

You have a programming problem, no more, no less, I expect it boils down to your understanding of the terminology.

Have another go.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps, that worked a treat. I could have sworn that I set all progs to timed exit mode the first time (of two) I set it all up, but perhaps I'm remembering wrong. Happy to be proved a buffoon in the interests of a working alarm though :oops:

Stefan

Hi everyone just got back off hols changed prog 2+3 to exit mode took 30 secs, perfect, worked a treat. Thanks very much for all your help. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back