Another Noisey Boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems a very common subject! Can someone point me in the right direction please, I have a 7 year old Potterton Suprima 40 boiler. I have just started experiencing the howling noises, which seems to be eminating from the boiler. It happens if either HW or CH is on or both together. I presume its traped wind (fa-narh), I have bled the hot water circuit (valve near the water cylinder) and all the rads. The pump is nice and quite so no air there. I believe its the boiler as the pipes only make a noise when its lite, and they die away as soon as the boiler shuts off. Also there's plenty of water in the tank in the loft. Does it sound like i need to get it flushed out because of a blockage which might be starving the boiler of water? Is theer any other way of bleeding the air out of the system?
Please help - its waking the missus up in the morning.........

Ta in advance.

Sponsored Links
flushing is a good idea the boiler is kettling (boiling in spots)
would think sludge try fernox system restorer
comes in a cartridge and goes in a rad
once had an ariston screaming its guts out
dosed it and within an hour
sound of silence :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back