damaged Bleed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just moved into a house which has a twin radiator in the kitchen, the problem is that the previous owner has sheared off the bleed valve in the rear unit?
how can i get the damaged piece out of the unit or is a new radiator the only answer :?:

Sponsored Links
If it is just the vent insert that has sheared - the small square headed bit in a recess - then you should be able to undo the whole vent plug ~ 3/4" ish hexagon and put a new one in with a bit of ptfe tape. Alternatively, if there is a blanked boss at the other end of your radiator you could put a new vent in there.

...Unless of course the vent is directly into a welded-in boss, then you need to consider replacement if you can't get the little blighter out.

Sponsored Links
Years ago I visited a friend who lived in a bedsit - I couldn't work out why there were three connections to a radiator: bottom opposite ends and one of the top connections. This had a barrel ni-pple graunched in with an MF elbow and 1/2" steel pipe going up through the ceiling. Being curious/nosey, I got into the roof void and found that the F&E tank had 4 of these pipes used as additional open vents! Now that's a serious airlocking problem with a serious solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back