wooden vs PVC exterior doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to change my exterior door due to its rubbish quality. What will be a better solution wooden or PVC material to keep my home warm?

Sponsored Links
All replacement external doors must conform to minimum thermal values;

http://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=21889

IMO, composite doors offer the best of both worlds.

Remember that replacing external doors is notifyable if more than 50% (I think) glazed & any glazing in or adjacent to the door must be toughened safety glass; if in doubt phone your local authority for guidance.

plastic doors are hideously ugly, cheap-looking, easy to burgle, and cost more than superior wooden doors.

Why would anyone buy them?

plastic doors are hideously ugly, cheap-looking, easy to burgle, and cost more than superior wooden doors.

Why would anyone buy them?
Would not have expected any other form of response from you John. :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Awe come on :rolleyes: the expensive ones are expensive cos they are probably over rated & the cheap ones are cheap cos they are Carp.

JohnD would go for a "real wood" door & I would go for a "composite" door; get some prices, do your own "homework" & make up your own mind but probably £100 - £300.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back