DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Ideal Esprit HE 30 - RF link lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottola

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Hi

I've got an Ideal Esprit HE30 boiler and it generally works fine.

We only just started to use it this year for central heating and the timer wouldn't work on the RF thermostat (Ideal PRT2), so I changed the batteries.

It seems since then that it's still lost the link to the boiler itseltf.

I've looked through the manual and Ideal's website and can't find any info on restablishing the RF link between them and if anyone's got any help, it will be gratefully received.

Where the thermostat on the boiler itself was removed (right hand side) there is a LED light with a small button underneath. I've tried pushing the button for a few seconds, etc and it seemed to reset the boiler, but no more (although the actual reset button is located elswhere on the boiler).

After resetting, it gave the me the 'c' on the display and the burner light was off. Checking on Ideal's website they say "Boiler closing down for CH. Pump overrun. (Pump needs to continue running for approx. 5 min's to allow boiler to cool down).This display will only occur when winter/summer switch is in the winter position"

However it soon goes from this state, back to showing '0' on the display, which signifies "Boiler is in standby mode. Has no call for CH or DHW ".

Sorry it's so lengthy, or if I'm asking things above and beyond the call of duty, just tell me so if that's the case!

I'll give Ideal a ring, but thought there's no harm in asking icon_smile.gif

Cheers
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
gas4you

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote

Have you put the new batteries in the correct way round?

I don't know this PRT2 programmer, but many have to be set into a 'learning mode' to reset the rf link.

I can only suggest a thoriugh read of the PRT2 instructions, rather than the boiler instructions.

You could also try turning th power off to the boiler for 30 secs rather than just resetting it.
 Alert Moderators
Scottola

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply

I've checked the batteries and turned off boiler, etc, but it didn't have any effect icon_sad.gif

I can't find instructions for the PRT2 itself that explain how the rf link works.

I'll give Ideal a ring I think and see how I get on, still it's keeping those bills down at the mo!
 Alert Moderators
shambolic

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote

The rf programmer is not ideals although it is sold with the boiler.
On the reviver with the wee red light there is a button under the light , Hold programmer a foot away from the boiler and press and hold button for 5 seconds I think the red light will come on or flash. The reciever should now work!
 Alert Moderators
sueledg1

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote

shambolic wrote:
The rf programmer is not ideals although it is sold with the boiler.
On the reviver with the wee red light there is a button under the light , Hold programmer a foot away from the boiler and press and hold button for 5 seconds I think the red light will come on or flash. The reciever should now work!
 Alert Moderators
Scottola

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote

A bit late, but I meant to come back here and say thanks.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: