any1 have a kitchen sink fitted in a corner unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a kitchen fitted with a corner unit and intended to have the sink put in the very corner, but apart from there being a wooden bar running along to the back wall getting in the way (have seen post from 2004 which seems to suggest this can be moved), it would appear that if the sink is placed to avoid the cabinet inside rim, then the sink is quite a way back and looks as though will be difficult to use/reach to wash up in.
Does any1 have any suggestions, pictures or advice please? Fingers crossed for replies! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Canary - a common solution for this type of problem is to use a single round inset sink and a separate round inset drainer. You can position these nearer the front edge of your worktops than a bog standard rectangular jobby.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion - the sink I've bought is round and I have a cupboard with a drainer plate so don't need to worry about that - but just can't picture it fitting without having to reach right in!
Guess will have to see what plumber comes up with as to how far forward to can be.
Appreciate your advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back