IDEAL CLASSIC 340 BOILER. Needs Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i run a building maintenance company.. Unfortunatley my boiler has ceased to work today.

My house is 4 years old so i am hoping that nothing major needs sorting out with this..

I just want to check the basics before i get a plumber and would really appreciate any advice for me to work through. I have not had much luck with the manual so far.

All i get when i turn it on is the burner try to light once. and then the fan comes on. There is no flame.. The pressure gauge is less that 1 and occasionally the fan will make a funny noise and then it will be ok next time you try and turn on the system.

It did play up about a month ago but after bleeding the radiators it was ok.

Does anyone know how i can top up the boiler? Or does anyone know a few basic things i can try to get it started..

i am gratefull for any input or experiences with this..

Sponsored Links
Firstly daveyba, which 340 have you got? there's 3 different types. 340,340lf and 340 slimline. the G.c number or insruction manual should tell you. Is the boiler sparking trying to ignite? does the piolt light ignite? if it does, does it stop sparking once rectification has been achieved?

It is a Classic FF340..

All i can hear really when i try and turn it on, is 2 clicks from the boiler and a click from the room thermostat in the hall.

The pilot light does not ignite and the pressure is nothing.

The only sign of it doing anything is a noise from the top half of it which i am presuming is the fan..

best wishes davey .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back