Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher FDW60 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher stops just after programme starts and lights 4 (fast) and 6(delicate) flash.

Have spoke to Hotpoint who advise me that they need to send an engineer out to repair it for over 100 plus quid!!

The guy on the phone refused to tell me what the two flashing lights indicated.

I would like to fix/replace the part myself If anyone can advise me what the fault is??

Sponsored Links
4 and 6 is heater fault ,heater is in base of mc

yep u can cost about 35.00 from hotpoint ,may get it slighty cheaper from googles

Sponsored Links
dont forget to get 2 jubilee clips from motor factors the old ones will poss break in removing

Hi I also have the same model with the same problem, has replacing the heater fixed it, if so ill order the part today :LOL:

I have today fixed my own dishwasher by taking advice from this thread and saved myself £200. I am hopless at DIY but still managed it - you were all correct it was the heating element. It cost me £30 odd pounds via ebay (Appliancehelp ebay shop) and a couple of jubilee clips. Make sure you get 35-50mm jubilee clips so you don't have to make a second visit to the diy shop like I did. I found it easier to disconnect machine and take it out onto the patio, with the help of a friend turn upside down to drain all of the water out through the front door. This stops you wetting the electrics when you start taking the old heater off. Take the right hand side panel off and the bottom to give yourself plenty of working space as the jubilee clips are fiddly. The only wiring is one power / control connector - push on and one earth wire also push on.

This was definitely worth the £30 risk and 3 hours of my time.

The heater element code by the way is C00057684 (40mm size). This is for the Hotpoint FDW60G. Just make sure you check on the ebay site which is the correct one.

Cheers for reading - hope this helps someone else.

@I have today fixed my own dishwasher by taking advice from this thread and saved myself £200. I am hopless at DIY but still managed it - you were all correct it was the heating element. It cost me £30 odd pounds via ebay (Appliancehelp ebay shop) and a couple of jubilee clips. Make sure you get 35-50mm jubilee clips so you don't have to make a second visit to the diy shop like I did. I found it easier to disconnect machine and take it out onto the patio, with the help of a friend turn upside down to drain all of the water out through the front door. This stops you wetting the electrics when you start taking the old heater off. Take the right hand side panel off and the bottom to give yourself plenty of working space as the jubilee clips are fiddly. The only wiring is one power / control connector - push on and one earth wire also push on.

This was definitely worth the £30 risk and 3 hours of my time.@

The heater element code by the way is C00057684 (40mm size). This is for the Hotpoint FDW60G. Just make sure you check on the ebay site which is the correct one.

Just followed the above ordered part from ebay for 25quid, took a couple of hours to fix (taking the covers off was the difficult bit) now dishwasher works, wife well pleased.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back