Glow Worm is tripping out after 2 mins from cold start...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help if you can.....I have a glow worm ultimate boiler in my kitchen that has no visible pilot light. It starts up fine on HW and CH but then after a couple of minutes it clicks and goes off usually followed by the click of the cut-out button.
Some background information that might be relevant is that a few months ago i had to top the system up because the red small tank in my bathroom cupboard with the pressure guage was reading .5 bar so i connected the open ended feed pipe at the side of it using the braided hose that was clipped there. I connected it until it went upto 1bar and then disconnected it......more recently our gas meter failed and the whole thing was shut down for around 3 days and when it came to light up it wouldnt..I gave the pump in the bathroom cupboard a few taps and it all seemed to be working fairly well till now .....the thing worrying me most is when i remove the small cover from the boiler the temp dial and cut out are mounted on silver metal box, there is something in there that is glowing bright orange...is that normal???? .....THERES A PINT FOR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT PLEASE....

Sponsored Links
You were right Mrgas...thankyou. I realised it had a third setting on the dial of the pump, when I switched it on to that the whole thing turned from a buzzing to a sound that was more likable..there is obviously loads of air in my system so can I ask how do I bleed it all correctly. there is a hot water tank in the bathroom cupboard and also a small red tank with a pressure dial on it that reads 1 bar pressure. there is a cold water feed next to it and a flexi pipe to connect it. Should i bleed with the CH on or off and also what order for the radiators? thanks for your help MRGAS...

Sponsored Links
CH Off, any order for the rads, and look for things like automatic air vents, or manual ones, near the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back