Radiators cold at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some info on radiators. My central heating system has 6 radiators, 4 of which have individual thermostats located at the top of the radiator. These 4 rads only get hot at the top [about 6 or 7 inches max.] while the bottom remains stone cold. I read the other posts on cold rads advising that the system get flushed but its only 4 or 5 years old & the 2 rads which don't have individual thermostats are hot all over so I'm wondering if its maybe because the thermostat is at the top & if so, how difficult it would be to get them moved to the bottom?

Really grateful for any advice.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
it may only b 4 or 5 years old but if there wasnt any chemicals put in, it will be very sludged up

Poor flow through the radiator will also cause a cold arc at the bottom. Try turning off all the radiators except one of the bad ones and see if you can get some flow through it.

Sponsored Links
Silly question, but the other pipe doesnt come out of the top of the radiator aswell does it?

If not, remove them and flush.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back