glowworm flexicom 24cx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help

The boiler has started to make a booming sound and the rads are not getting hot, just barely warm, and the hot water only gets warm.

i have noticed there is water dripping from from the little sealed access panel at the front of the boiler on the extreme left hand side.

The boiler is about 16months old and was commisioned about a year ago by a CORGI fitter although it was originally installed by an unregistered fitter when the house was brand new in July 07

This has happened before a couple of times recently seams to be when the weather is wet but this may just be a coinsidence.

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the mixture is not correct!

When it was commissioned, did the CORGI use a flue gas analyser (FGA) ? ( An expensive looking instrument with tubes going into the boiler ! )

If not then its barely commissioned! In that case get a proper CORGI to service it and check the operation with an FGA.

I am not sure about the water leaking! Thats probably condensate and might imply the condensate drain is blocked. You may be able to follow the condensate and check if its free flowing.

If it were blocked that might be the only problemn with the boiler.

Still needs a service if its a year since it was commissioned.

Tony

Thanks for that

Not sure about the use of the FGA kit, I wasnt here but it has been ok up until a couple of weeks ago.

It was actually commisioned in February so not due quite yet.

I will check the condensate pipe outside,

Sponsored Links
I have just tried to disconnect one of the joins on the condensate pipe and ended up fracturing the plastic pipe outside.... water poured out and then the boiler was ok. Just need to get the soak away sorted now.... thats another item for my claim

Thanks a lotfor the help
Barry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back