Dual Flush Cistern keeps filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 2nd floor flat (so I can't find where the over flow is !!) Recently the dual flush cistern keeps taking in water in a cycle.....ie 30 seconds filling up then shut off, then 2 minutes later fill up for 30 seconds then shut of all through the night...................doesn't seem to do it during the day..........
I can't see where the water is going to (as I can't see the over flow !!!...where do overflows end up in a 3 story flats ?)

But if its going out the overflow why doesn't it just continue to fill & at the same time drain out of the overflow rather than the "cycle" of fill stop fill stop ? I obviously don't understand how these newer cisterns control the water.

Its only 2 years old.

Paul :)

Sponsored Links
The flush seal will be letting water through all the time.
You will find this at the bottom of your flush valve & will look something like this
rocadualflushvalvewasher.jpg

Thanks for that. Is the size related to whether you use the big flush or small flush ?

How do you get the lid off ?..................I thought you pushed the buttions to flush & then turned the collar retaining these buttons (or infact I thought retaining the lid) but the collar won't budge & I think its plastic (is it ?) so I don't want to force it if I'm infact doing it wrong or turning in the wrong direction.

Has anyone any diagrams/drawing/photo's of how this Roca Dual flush internals work ?.................is it still a syphon action ?

Paul

Sponsored Links
there are a few methods for fixing the pushbutton. I've seen a version where you pull out the two buttons revealing a screw which you undo to allow the removal of the outer ring from the lid. In the other more common version the outer ring unscrews, however I have had them glued in!! Good luck.

Thanks for that...............worked well.........

Found the rubber washer at the bottom of the flush unit gunked up & bent in an upward direction........I cleaned it off & not better.........do you know how to get the washer off without breaking the fragile flush unit ?

Also have tried local plumbing/DIY/Bathroom shops this morning for a new washer...............no one stocks them ?.............any ideas even if via post ?............

Plenty stock the whole flush unit at £30................but for a £2.00 ? washer ?

Take care,

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back