power flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 11 yr old microbore system and recently 2 downstairs radiators stopped getting hot, both in the living room. I called out BG who were hear 2 minutes and said I needed a power flush @ £800. I was shocked of course and decided to investigate myself, being a DIYer. I took of both rads which on had some minimal blackish water and I flushed the rads with a hose in the garden. I also opened the valves at each end of the radiator F&E and the water came out clear and rapid. On reconnecting the rads have improved but not sufficiently to there old "cant touch temperature", do I still need a powerflush and can I do it myself, I have drained a gravity system before, thanks for your replies.......

Sponsored Links
id suggest changing the pump first. did the eng check this? id always throw a pump at a system before and £800 quote.

do you have a rad valve at each end, or do both pipes go to same end of radiator?

Sponsored Links
do you have a rad valve at each end, or do both pipes go to same end of radiator?
There is one at each end, all that the engineer done was turn the pump up a notch, made a funny noise again last night

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back