Indesit W123 electrical problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My indesit W123 is about 4 years old.Once a washing program is selected, the dial keeps on rotating and wont stop. The machine wont do anything. Sometimes the pumps starts and it sounds like the machine is trying to drain and sometimes it does absolutely nothing. The power LED just keeps on flashing.
Is this an electrical problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
probably, but it may also be the timer, you havent "moved it by hand" when its on have you?

No, i put the machine on and it was working fine and i later came back to it after 15 mins and it had stopped and the dial was just rotating away.

I opened the pump filter, and some water came out. Now when i select a program, the machine starts to make a clicking noise and the program dial starts to rotate and doesn't stop. No wash cycle works. The pump doesn't come on anymore. I have also noticed that the power LED sometimes doesn't come on, but the machine is still clicking away.

Is this the timer?
Would this be an expensive problem to fix?

Thanks for your help.

i am not sayiny 10% it si ,but it does sond like the timer, get a couple of qoutes to look at m/c (hp m/c is my specialty)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply

what do you mean m/c?

and if it is how much should i expect to pay, to get it fixed?

cheers

Hi again mate,

I had someone come and look at the machine and was told it was the timer. He said he would return but never did. So i ordered one from indesit, installed it and it still does the same thing. Once a program is selected it stays silent for about 20 seconds and then the pump start whirring. After a few seconds the timer starts to turn and doesn't stop.
What else can this be?

cheers

i didn't say that it is the timer ( you also never said i did) as i also said indesit are not my speciality :cry: i suggest you call indesit :(

Hi Steve,

I'm having a similar problem with an indesit washing machine, did you ever get to the bottom of this...?

Cheers,
cob

So, finally sorted out my washing machine problem, the pump was locked shut initally but after a little fiddleing and lots of patience it opened, revealing a 10c coin and a balled up 'colour catcher' stuck in and blocking the pump...

Blockage sorted washing machine flying again...

If you don't mind me asking how did you get the filter open, i am having the same problem, it feels like i am forcing the filter, it seems to turn anti clock wise half a turn but then gets stuck.

how did you manage to get it open?

Yeah this is exactly the experience I had, the filter cap would only move a 1/4 of a turn anti-clockwise then lock up.

I would suggest running the machine in rinse mode, let the machine fill then manually move the dial to the stop position. When the red light blinks turn off the machine and proceed to drain the machine from the filter, taking a little bit of water at a time. Opening and closing the filter cap the little bit it will give you and the flow of water through the filter may help to dislodge the blockge enough to get the cap open.

As the water is flowing try shaking the filter cap to move the blockage around inside...

Hopefully this works for you... it's basically what I had to do but it took a couple of attempts...

check if there is water in the chassis at the bottom. Just lift the machine at the right side and look if there is water comming out. One of the main problems is a cracked outlet hose

jimmyfromthenetherlands said:
check if there is water in the chassis at the bottom. Just lift the machine at the right side and look if there is water comming out. One of the main problems is a cracked outlet hose
problem was nothing to do with what you mentioned it was,
revealing a 10c coin and a balled up 'colour catcher' stuck in and blocking the pump

also they have it sorted since the post is 3 months old, see item 17

Yay you lovely people - your advice sorted me out!

My machine occasionally stops working, timer dial turns round & round, clicking. In past, I have just ignored the problem and the next day it has got better <sigh>. This time the problem persisted.
I undid the white plastic cylinder at bottom front - very stiff, used a wrench with cloth cover carefully and it did come away - caught lots of smelly water in a plastic tray. Removed hairgrip and shirt collar stiffener and several spoonsful of grey stuff. Now all is well!

Anyone suggest how to lubricate the white cylinder plug so that it's easier to remove next time, without leaking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back