one bell push to two bells?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a second bell to a single push, I have tried every way of wiring and its very much hit or miss. Yes I know I can buy 2 wireless bells for cheap, but I hate their sound. Preferably I would like to leave the wired bell as is, but add a wireless on ONE push. Can it be done?
Thanx - Dave
PS I have a business in my basement and for a time I had 2 pushes, but my customers always pushed the wrong one!! I even labelled them, but sometimes I might be "upstairs" so I w'ont hear the business one!!!

Sponsored Links
get a spdp or dpdt relay and a bell transformer.

use the bell push to operate the relay via the transformer and then again to operate the two bells via the relays contacts.

good luck.
-Danh

My old door bell has provision for extra speaker which I have installed at back of the house and two door pushes one with a selection of sounds and other fixed. Made by Friedland I think they still make door bells.
Eric

Sponsored Links
Thanx for your advice. breezer I tried with 2 hard wired bells but they would not work together. I'll try the relay idea.
again thanx

the two bells do work, if they are wired in paralell, the supply voltage and current is enough the two bells are the same, must be wired in paralell, not too much voltage drop (or bigger cable).

its more than likely the transformer is not able to supply enough current

i douibt the relay will work either becuse if its a door bell transfomer they often are too feeble

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back