Bathstore Euro Mono WC installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I didn't read the posts about Bathstore before and how bad they are so I am now having to try to fit a Euro Mono WC and have some questions if anyone can help and has experience of them:

1. Simple one... when I connect the cistern to the pan does the black coupling have to dissappear altogether? Is there any trick to doing this as the few times I have tried it never quite fits flush - even with a LOT of pressure on it...

2. The pan comes with 2 white v shaped brackets, 2 bolts with washers and white rawplugs and two screws with blue end caps on. How on earth do they work! I initially thought that the white brackets were screwed to the floor (with the bolts) and then the two screws with the blue caps went through the holes in the sides of the pan and into the white bracket. However I can't make that work - the white bracket has one big hole in one side and then the other side has a lot of small holes in it (think swiss cheese!). Has anyone installed the pan before and can help me out? Could I just put a white silicon seal around the base and sit it on that?

Cheers

Ricard

Sponsored Links
The side of the bracket with the large slot goes to the floor and is fixed with the large bolts supplied. The screws with caps go in from the side of the pan and into whichever of the small holes line up, the blue covering may well be a peel off protective covering with chrome below. This is a very common form of pan fixing.

Jason

2. The pan comes with 2 white v shaped brackets, 2 bolts with washers and white rawplugs and two screws with blue end caps on. How on earth do they work! I initially thought that the white brackets were screwed to the floor (with the bolts) and then the two screws with the blue caps went through the holes in the sides of the pan and into the white bracket. However I can't make that work - the white bracket has one big hole in one side and then the other side has a lot of small holes in it (think swiss cheese!). Has anyone installed the pan before and can help me out? Could I just put a white silicon seal around the base and sit it on that?

Hi Richard, What did you do in the end? I've now got the same problem - the angle of the white v shaped bracket is totally the wrong angle which is made even worse when the wc screws are fitted. I'm thinking block of wood instead!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back