Pump/Fan when boiler is disconnected from power supply!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a static (holiday) caravan that is fitted with domestic central heating via a Combi Boiler. For 6 weeks a year (17 Jan - 7 Mar) all mains connections to the caravan are disconnected (water, gas & electric). I have no choice in this, it is a site rule, and is carried out by the site. I have heard that this is not good for the boiler as it is possible for the pump and fan to seize if inoperative for a long period of time? I am sure that it was a Corgi registered Heating Engineer that informed me of this, and that he also told me that. even with the boiler switched off, as long as it is connected to a power supply the fan/pump will still run at intervals to stop them from seizing? I am trying to put a case to the site that they leave the power connected to the caravans during the closed period but require confirmation that what I have outlined is correct? Any help wouild be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
your boiler manuals should give this info and being a caravan person you will know about inverters ,u could simply plug the boiler in during periods of camp closure .

The power supply to the whole site is disconnected - to what should I plug it into? It is a static caravan (not a towing caravan) and therefore I do not know about inverters?

Sponsored Links
an inverter is a device that coverts 12v dc to 240v ac so u can run mains appliances from a car battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back