patching up garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/rickb_2008/100_9500.jpg

I'd like to move the waterfall and replace it with bricks so that the wall is integral.

I've removed the pond so where you see the pond now it's just flat ground. However the waterfall is still there.

How difficult would it be to brick the hole left by the waterfall? I have spare bricks but would like the same mortar colour at the joints.

Behind the bricks there is a retaining wall so the front layer is cosmetic.

I would not mind getting a brickie to do it if it gets me a matching finish with the rest of the retaining walls. Is it a particularly complicated job? How long would it take a decent brickie to do this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it looks to me as though the waterfall is accommodating a large chunk of of the wall and that 'inserting' bricks may not be the answer.

pitch-stone walling tends to be very brittle at the best of times so by the time you have toothed out the existing bricks you may end up with most of that section of wall around your ankles!

it may be simpler to re-build that section entirely.

if the builder is sympathetic towards the cosmetic aspect there is no reason why the mortar could not be a decent match, though it will always look 'new'.

it looks like a north facing wall with the amount of algae growth so it should blend in relativley quickly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back