Glow-worm space-saver 38 Help Required Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a a Glow worm space saver 38 and I am having a few problems with it.

Heating wise (when it works) only a few of the rads are hot I believe that if I Bleed those that are not hot this should sort this out?

Next prob is with my Hot Water it does not always heat without the Heating being on but not major concern at this time of year which brings me on to this.

My main Prob is with the pilot it keeps going out I relight it then heating will come on hot water will heat etc pumps works ok but then when it cuts out from reaching required temp the pilot goes out also.

Any suggestions please they are appreciated as im new to this and dont really have a clue where to start.

Many thanks

Si

Sponsored Links
If you didn't fire the boiler up and just left the pilot running, would it still go out?

Sponsored Links
type of system or controls wont really have any relevance to pilot outage on this boiler

this is a very basic 25 year + old boiler with no overheat cut off devices or suchlike.

probably needs a good service + pilot assy / injector cleaned out

i would also change thermocouple for good measure

Cheers galwag

Since my first post ive managed to get the pilot to stay on just so long as the thermostat for the heating is not turned up so at least I have hot water.

The electonic switch box has the heating on timed and the water on constant but it only heats the water if the heating is on any position other than off. The temp switch on the boiler is at its recommended 180 is this too hot?

Any how im going to ring round for some quotes see what deal i can get.

Cheers for your help.

Si

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back