HELP - Ferroli Optima 601 - No Hot Water ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My old faithfall (had 7 years) Ferroli Optima 601 is starting to play up. I am unable to get hot water from the hot taps, flow is fine but water remains cold. This is intermittent but getting worse over time. I also noticed that the taps further from the boiler are more off a problem ?

I have checked the boiler with the hot tap on full flow and the main burner is not igniting, if i give the boiler cassing a little 'nudge' i can hear an audible 'click' and the boiler ignites perfectly....

The Heaing is fine and comes on straight away from remote thermostat.

Any ideas what this could be peeps ? Is it anything todo with the recent cold weater ??

Any help here much appreciated as it's getting frustrating going to the boiler each time for DHW.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a failing diverter valve.

I am not sure what a 601 is as we usually see 701s !

I know that 501s are jeans though!

Tony

Would this effect the burner igniting. Run HW tap and burner is still off. Give boiler a 'bang' on front and it ignites.

By me nudging it am i i freeing off the divertor valve (i know it has one), which in turns is making some microswitch (the click i can hear) which in turn ignites the boiler ?

Cheers

Sorry, no diverter valve in this boiler.

Sponsored Links
Why when i give it a 'bang' on the boiler casing does the main burner ignite. This is the case for HW and CH.

I must be releasing something ?? :eek:

UPDATE - This is getting even worse now. I have been fiddling with boiler and turned gas supply off and extinguished pilot light BUT cannot relight it.

Pump is running, allsettings set to max etc but there is no spark whatsoever, not even clicking noise.....

Anyone help me here ??? On the coldest night of winter as well....!!!!

Cheers

I have been fiddling with boiler and turned gas supply off and extinguished pilot light BUT cannot relight it.

Cheers

One might ask just why you were fiddling and turning off the gas supply!

Here in NW London its -1.6° C outside but its 21.1° C inside!

Tony

Sorry, no diverter valve in this boiler.
Or the 701 Tony!

Check operation of flow switch.

DHW flowmeter/flowswitch is healthy LED2 swiched on/ff when hot .tap operated ?

Bloody Freezing guys and Mrs not happy

Any other ideas.

I have checked the microswitch that makes when you press ignition button(60) and it is fine. I have no input (240v) on ignition transformer (67). The fan and hw pump are also working fine.. ??

HELP !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back