tri-fold patio door installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning people.
Today I have to embark on the installation of a 2400 wide tri fold patio door at home, which I have been putting off for some time.
I obviously shall first install the frame, square it up and then the doors.
I have some fischer fastbond exp foam to fill after fixing frame.
I am a plumber by trade so no problem with tools etc.
Can anyone please recomend a frame fixing to use and anything to look out for / tips what to do / not to do!
The doors are being installed into a cut to size (ish) low density concrete block wall.
Thanks in advance.

Cider.

Sponsored Links
Use proper frame fixings - with the plug on the end which allows tightening without pulling the screw inwards.

The similar 'hammer-fix' type which is effectively a long screw and plug, will pull the frame and distort it when tightened

You may also want some plastic packers/wedges. All these are on the screwfix site.

Bed the frame/cill on a full bed of mortar and level it

Make sure you fix the frame without a twist - ie one corner not set further back than the others

have you not seen/used concrete screws yet woods?

they have a fully threaded shank so that once the thread has worked its way through the workpiece and into the masonry it is not possible to pull the frame inwards.

once the screw is engaged all packers can be removed.

no need for plugs either just a 6mm hole. aerated blocks need no drilling.
concrete-screws.jpg

I've been meaning to try them, as they do seem all the rage with the fitters.

My problem is that I've got loads of the "old fashioned" frame anchors - enough to see me to retirement probably

Sponsored Links
cheers. all fitted now. nightmare of a job to do single handed esp in windy weather. ive yet to fill under sill, should i get cement under it (about 10mm gap) or will exp foam do once ive anchored it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back