ideal isar 30he (i have dhw but no heating)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
i have a problem with this isar, it all works on dhw but heating side pump runs,but fan will not kick in
on the display figure 5 shows.
the fault diagram dose not show me the way to solve the fault,
i would be greatfull if someone could give me some direction on the problem. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Have you switched off power at the wall for 30 secs?

5 is just the pcb telling you it is an Isar HE30.

hello,
dave i have turned it off at the fuse spur for about 20sic turned it back on pressed the reset. just done the same dhw no heating. any other ideas,
scratching my head at the minute.
thank for your time.

At a complete long shot, check that the jumpers on the pcb are pushed in fully and a tight fit.

You could also check there is 240VAC on the switched live to the boiler, but as you are getting a 5 up, I would suspect the old faithfull Ideal pcb.

Usually the only time the 5 on its own is displayed, is when the boiler is first switched on at the mains.

Sponsored Links
thanks dave,
i'll give it a good look at and i'll let you know the outcome.
thanks again, regards tony

hello dave,
i have had a bit of a bad day, i phoned ideal about this combi and the girl that i spoke to says it was the thomisters,i changed them and h-9 fault come up so i went back, so i went back to the part center and got a over heat thomister, the boiler went through one cycle and display had c on but the burner was flashing as if it was up to temp,after hour making sure that the pump was working and no air in the system give up.
i phoned ideal back and spoke to a lad who went though very thing with me, so off to the part center again for a diverter valve head, i yet to fit it but hopefully it will work.
have not made much off this job but thanks for your advice and i was grateful for your advice,
regards tony ;)

Unfortunately the 'girls' that Ideal employ in their call centers are absolute rubbish :mad:

Been many a post here about them.

If you ever phone them again you are best to ask for Dave Kemp. He is the only one most of us trust ;)

(Sorry techy :LOL: )

I think this will end up another Isar pcb fault :rolleyes: :mad:

dave,
i hope it is not the pcb, i am out of pocket already.
:confused: worked all day for £40
regards tony

Whether you end up out of pocket or not, it will be a valuable learning experience, if nothing more than NEVER give a price to fix an Ideal Isar/Icos. :mad: :cry:

This is why I tend to tell the customers to call Ideal in ;)

Unfortunately the 'girls' that Ideal employ in their call centers are absolute rubbish :mad:

Been many a post here about them.

If you ever phone them again you are best to ask for Dave Kemp. He is the only one most of us trust ;)

(Sorry techy :LOL: )

I think this will end up another Isar pcb fault :rolleyes: :mad:
Hes a legend

Sorry to hear that techy, Please accept my condolences.

The last thing you should be thinking about now is posting on here.

Puts things into perspective I think, which we all sadly need once in a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back