IDEAL FF260 PILOT LIGHT BOILER BROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone pls help. The boiler seems to be working as I have hot water but the central heating is not working.
Have done some preliminary reading, there is no pilot light...
Does this type of boiler have a permanent pilot light or not ?
In either case how do i light it ?

Thanks,

Yan
:evil:

Sponsored Links
NO perm pilot. Try moving the lever on the mid position valve over manually.

This should be next to the hot water cylinder

Sponsored Links
NO perm pilot. Try moving the lever on the mid position valve over manually.

This should be next to the hot water cylinder

Everything is covered....

I found the mid position valve in the manual but cant seet in the unit. will it be covered or exposed? By saying lever do you mean something like a dip switch?

I found the valve. I think this must be the valve you are talking about because it quotes the same manufacturer (Honeywell) in the actual valve casing and the manual> I can only view it from underneath but I cant see any type of lever/dip switch or something that I can move....

The valve he is talking about is not on the boiler :rolleyes:
It will be in the cupboard under the cylinder normally but you need to give more info as to what you have. If you put on hw does boiler light?

On second thoughts phone an engineer! ;)

The valve he is talking about is not on the boiler :rolleyes:
It will be in the cupboard under the cylinder normally but you need to give more info as to what you have. If you put on hw does boiler light?

On second thoughts phone an engineer! ;)

It was not the valve anyway, it was the fan..
And i didnt need to call an engineer either. All i needed was the boiler manual and some common knowledge..
RTFM
:evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back