Boiler Noisy Whine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched and read similar threads but cannot find an answer so far.

I have a Heatline c24 Condensing Combi Boiler fitted about 2 and a half years ago. Over the last 12 months it has started to groan & whine badly when running hot water - especially noticable running the bath [really loud].

Its also started to do this a little when heating comes on but only lasts a few minutes.

Everything else works fine - wondered if anyone knew what the problem might be and if theres anything I could do to try and sort it.

I have tried adjusting the pressure - raising and lowering but that didnt seem to help.

Sponsored Links
Scaled up main heat exchanger?

Or over gassed ( and CH max output not set by installer ).

If you buy a cheap boiler and have it installed by unqualified people who dont clean the system or commission it properly then what do you expect?

Presumably they did not complete the Benchmark Certificate or notify the installation to CORGI who would have sent you a blue form?

We charge £840 to install any boiler ! Thats over twice what the cheapest Heatline cheapest model can cost!

Pay peanuts and get...

Tony

Thanks for the reply Agile, guess I didnt really know what to expect or whether I was paying good, bad or correct market price for fitting/installation etc.

Do you know if theres anything I can do from a DIY point of view to fix /identify exactly what the problem is. If its a scaled heat exchanger is there a way I could determin this.

I'm grateful for any help on this so thanks in advance.

Its very hit and miss but you could try addind Sentinel X200 to the system and see if that improves it. If it works then leave it in!

Since you dont say where you are its even more difficult for me to guess whats wrong.

If that does not work then try adding X800 and run heating with occasional hot water for about three hours before draining the system a few times.

If that worked then add X100 inhibitor.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for getting back to me Tony - I will give these solutions a try over the coming days.

Kind Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back