Main Medway Super problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with the pilot staying lit, cured it by cleaning the jet. But now the boiler doesn't fire-up when I turn the hot taps on. I havn't touched anything other than the pilot jet. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had a problem with the pilot staying lit, cured it by cleaning the jet. But now the boiler doesn't fire-up when I turn the hot taps on. I havn't touched anything other than the pilot jet. Any tips would be appreciated.

Have you cleaned it or blocked it? you shouldn`t be cleaning anything related to the gas side of the appliance, get a Gas Safe Registered fitter to sort it.

I removed and cleaned the jet, the small section with the gauze and olive.
I am an engineer, though not registered CORGI. Just trying to find out if it was something I could put right myself.

I am an engineer, though not registered CORGI. Just trying to find out if it was something I could put right myself

Are you a gas fitter?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks namsag.
By the way, I work on electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and steam systems. I am required, by law, to work in a safe manner, whether that be in my own property or at work. Gas fitting is in itself is a skill/trade and like electrical work not a 'black art' or some kind of special magic. try not to be so patronising to posters. Not everyone is a numpty!

Eh did you miss the bit where he said had cured pilot out by cleaning it

He had a problem with the pilot staying lit, probably thermocouple, he has now cleaned the the jet, he know can`t fire up the heater, I assume he is not a fitter and unused to servicing water heaters he has probably blocked the pilot injector, he now has two problems instead of his first problem. What do you think Sherlock?

He had a problem with the pilot staying lit, probably thermocouple, he has now cleaned the the jet, he know can`t fire up the heater, I assume he is not a fitter and unused to servicing water heaters he has probably blocked the pilot injector, he know has two problems instead of his first problem. What do you think Sherlock?

he know has two problems

good spilling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back