uPVC window size help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m looking for a uPVC window approx 1500mm high and I’m thinking the width is somewhere between 565 and 600mm, although I could probably go a bit wider.

My initial look on the ‘net has found some widths at 610mm but not that height :confused:

Two questions please

a) any suggested window ‘standard sizes’ please within the 1500mm high and 565 to 600mm wide ballpark I describe or whether I would be having to go a bit wider

b) to suit your suggested size what size of cutout into blockwork to allow any recommended fitting gaps plus fitting a c.100mm cill at base of window

Thanks in advance for any comments

Sponsored Links
Why are you worried about standard sizes 99.9% of pvcu windows are taylor made to suit the opening you have. forget the diy sheds internet and all that carp go to a local fabricator who will make one to the size you require without the need to mess about changing opening sizes.

Have the window made to what size you want.

Remember to design to whole or half brick/block dimensions so that the piers each side work nicely without lots of cutting.

Allow 10mm (5mm each side) of the frame for the actual opening dimension

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back