Radiator leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought an expensive vertical towel radiator and within 3 weeks it leaked at a joint where a horizontal bar went into the vertical frame. The manufacturer claimed that too much corrosion inhibator had been installed in the system even though no other radiatirs have been effected. Anyone experienced this. Can anyone give me advise as to who can advise me? :mad:

Sponsored Links
As an engineer I told them they must be kidding, they then asked me to forward a sample of the radiator water to a test house and said the results showed that it was aggressive. They have a reputation amongst suppliers as always being unwilling to admit that they may have a fault during manufacture. It was an expensive model. I have looked up rates of corrosion and for me 2/3 weeks of discontinuous use is just unimaginable as the casue of the leak. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Absolute nonsense. Hard to find someone though who will say "Bo__ox" and be taken seriously.
This is what I'd do:
It depends whose inhibitor you used. If it was Fernox (or even if itwasn't though a different tack would be needed) phone them and say you have an unusual technical problem. Hopefully you'll get one of their bods who really knows his stuff. Tell him if your bath store .com type supplier is blaming the Fernox product and get the guy on your side. Then get him to agree to answer a letter, saying how their products couldn't do that AND by the way CH water is never THAT aggressive or you'd have had dire troubles by now.

As far as I know there's no problem naming and shaming on a website as long as you stick to facts etc. I'm quite happy for instance to say that I find bathstore .com's stuff is over priced and mediocre quality. Just my opinion of course.

if its that aggressive it eats a new rad in three weeks why are you not up to your knees in water from the rest of the system
i repeat B*LLOCS :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back