Screen display has gone to vertical

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help my Dell Laptop screen has just decided to fall over 90 degrees, instead of being in a horizontal mode it is now vertical. The controls however cintinue toi be the same, very confusing as I typr this in a vertical mode. Can anyone pease tell me where the control is to correct.

Sponsored Links
It's likely to be a rotation setting on your video driver and it's often changed with key combinations. You may have an icon in the taskbar which will lead to a menu containing the rotate setting.

Thanks chaps I right clicked on what seemed a double blue band along the bottom of the screen except it was on the side, if you know what I mean. A title "graphics" appeared and when highlighted it said rotate, clicked on this and it said normal; 90o, 180o, 270o. Clicked normal and hey presto back to cinemascope :D :D

Thanks as always.

Sponsored Links
lol....one of my favourite tricks i'm sorry to say

i work in IT so if i walk around my workplace & spot an unattended PC with the screen unlocked i'll do this every time.

we deal with sensitive data & staff have all been instructed never to leave their desk without locking the screen, this is my gentle reminder that if i can access their screen to do this, anyone else can access too

on Dell machines, disinfo is right, its CTRL+ALT then the arrow keys to re-orientate the screen so CTRL+ALT+Down arrow will rectify it if it happens again

Back