15mm braided connector in central heating pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would be helpful for something I am doing on the central heating system, if I could use a 15mm silver braided connector - a similar sort of thing as is used for tap connections, but 15mm at each end.

What concerns me is that the ones I have seen are rated up to 70 degrees centigrade, but looking at my Bosch boiler instructions, it technically reaches 80 degrees centigrade. At a guess the water wouldn't be at 80 degrees by the time it reaches the point in the system where I'd like to put the connector, but I wondered if anyone could advise if its a problem using such a connector in the central heating system.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you could explain the 'something you are doing' bit, someone on here will probably have a solution which is better than using a flexible connector.

Andy.

They are not made for CH pipes and will look very cowboyish too!

Do it properly or get someone in. ;)

I'm freshening-up a garage conversion and the radiator in the converted garage is connected as a spur (by microbore!) off our hall radiator. I'm in the process of replacing the microbore but it would be easier to connect from the hall radiator (the connection is from pipes running along the bottom so its not that visible) through the wall to where the the main 15mm copper pipe in the conversion runs (the floor's up) using a flexible connector. The existing exposed pipework at the hall radiator is chrome, so using a silver braided flexible connector would look quite neat.

My alternative - which I guess is more technically correct - would be to use chrome right angled joints.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back