box gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of having a single story extension built on my bungalow. I need a box gutter where the two hips meet, the builder is making a ply box for the gutter to sit in, my question is what is the best way to line it, plastic or alu or galvanized steel or is there another way to do it?

Sponsored Links
yes............and by far the best!..........code 5 sheet lead.

Hi as Alastair has suggested, sheet lead has the qualities to be bent, folded and bossed. This is almost defiantly needed where the gutter discharges into hopper or down slate or tiles, this transition is difficult to achieve with plastics and hard metals. Good luck

Lead may be impractical if the gutter is long, as it will need to be in short lengths to allow for expansion.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Traditionally sheet lead gutter/valley lining has been stepped to produce expansion joints. However there are products that can be fitted at intervals along the gutter to accommodate expansion, so as the gutter can be without steps/drips, just the 1:80 min fall applies. The produce that comes to mind is "T Pren" it needs welding to lead sheet at appropriate points, these are dependent on the code of sheet lead used. Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back